So It's been over a month since I've been in Florida , and I was pretty much coming from nothing, just my mom , animals and myself. we are staying in a trailer for now , and I was jobless, I still get people asking me are you nuts for not having a job lined up before you moved litterally acrross the United States. I thought about that and I said, "you may have your opinions, but this is my fight." And sure enough I've conquered that and now I can officially say that I am employed. You are probably thinking "come on Mary Kay , Tell us where you are working." Well I am going to be working at Disney World in Orlando Florida , starting the 27th of January. I applied in early January, took their web based interview( which filters out a lot of people.) I passed that and set up my second interview. Later this past week. I was so nervous walking up to the cast center, but as I walked up this long hallway that had pictures of characters I regained the confidence that I had lost a long time ago, because of everyone being so opinionated. Anyways I was talking to a recruiter , and He was such a sweetheart, he made me feel welcomed, asked how my day was and vice versa . I sat down and we just held normal conversations, and what I was looking for in the company. I was honest with him, and said I've worked in one place for nearly 6.5 years I'm dedicated to be that person who'll help out everyone that comes across her path. I always worked hard it's who I followed when my dad was alive he was always working long hours, but still came home to my sister and I and spent time with us.
As the interview progressed, I started feeling restles, I figured that I did so well in the interview that I was praying that I was gonna get a job placement. Even though I was looking for full time, I am perfectly fine with getting part time, since I am new to this type of work. I can always get more hours helping other spot in the different parks.
But what I am mostly doing is collaberating with Disney and Starbucks and I will be working in their coffee shop. I am beyond excited to start.
Ok enough of the job talk.
So most of my posts within the last year have been ups downs and pure ugly.... I knew that this year was going to be different, It was a rock start with losing one of my customer that I've gotten to know in the 6 years that I worked at McD's your probably thinking who would want to get know your customers. These customers have been by my side with job hunting and just normal conversations when I am not working, but it was too the point that they rarely saw me out of my uniform so it took them a second glance, to be like I'm not used to seeing you without your unifrom on. But these customers that I have gotten know have been nothing but kindness and when it was my last day, I couldn't help tearing up for everyone of them who just came to give me a hug. It just makes knowing them that more special. It's so hard to explain ,but they are an amazing group of people. And I look forward to getting to know the millions of people that I get to see at my new job! I couldn't have done this without my support system and they know who they are. Thanks guys...
stay awesome possums and be nice to people

No comments:
Post a Comment