Monday, February 5, 2018

Welcome to 2018

I know that it has been quite a while since I've been here on my blog. I decided to take a little hiatus for a while to sort of regroup my blog , and see if I wanted to change anything since the last time I was actually on I was debating about deleting two years of my life gone. I have decided to keep my blog and just work on it ever so slowly and get back into writing.  

I started this blog when I was in college, It was a way for me to take a break from reality of school and just sort of clear my head and then get back into the world of music and immerse myself in music. It's been close to five years since I have been in school, and I have to say I sort of miss having classes and structure, Now I have not one but two jobs, making sure my mom is doing well, and spending as much time with the people that mean the most to me. 

A year in review of 2017, has had some great moments and then some moments where I thought I was never going to get out of getting bad news.

Beginning of the year I was in a relationship with a guy who I thought could of been "the One." I take that lightly because yes he was a nice guy, and made me think that what I was doing with my life and helping my mom was a good hearted thing to do, but what I didn't realize was that me being a nice person wasn't what he was looking for in a person. I think things would been better if He broke it off in person rather than through a text message. I don't understand why it's so hard to just be up front about everything. Don't blame it on the not knowing when you will see me next, just ask if i was busy and if i was just say when is the next time we could meet.  

Little did I know I had someone waiting for me months later . It's someone who I call my best friend no judgement, just over all. We've been together for 9 months at the end of this month, but we've been friends for over two years. I love that we can do two separate activities like , he will play video games and listen to podcasts while playing and ill be sitting reading a book. We love to drink craft beer, and eating lots of different kind of foods. We go  to the parks sometimes on our days off , and sometimes we just Netflx and chill and no its not what you're thinking.

I ended up running four 5k's and I have to say how fun they were from the crazy costumes we came up with, and getting stronger every time we would run. Its trying to be healthy. When I started out  I was running a 20 minute mile when I ended my last race i was running a 14 minute mile to me was a huge milestone for me. like I said I keep getting stronger and stronger every time. 

I have gotten a 2nd job and let me tell you what a difference it is between disney and buffalo, they both have its quirks,but to be able to struggle just a little bit less .


So this is my 2018 goals, notice how I didn't say resolutions , because I don't think of them as resolutions.

2018 Goals:

  • To drink water everyday
    • I know that this is a challenge because I am working two jobs and most of the time I don't get the chance to get some water in, but I am making it a goal
  • To sign up for a Half Marathon
    • I know that when I did 4 5k's last year it came close to a half marathon. I know that this is a huge goal, but i know if i keep up my training and be diligent I can do it. 
  • To make healthier choices
    • Drink less pop , and coffee I know that I will need a cup of coffee in the morning when I am getting ready for work, to wake up ,but i might switch it up and exercise and get my daily dose of water in. I know I have a lot of crystal light packets that  I can flavor up my water , eat more healthy too less portions more fruit and veggies. 
  • To write everyday
    • Now I might not be sharing what i write everyday here on my blog ,but i want to be able to let my mind wander and relax
    • I also want to start a start a quote book because I am always writing down quotes that I find whether it be on pintrest or when someone posts one to their walls on facebook. 
  •  To start going back to church
    • I really haven't gone back to church since I had moved down here to florida 3 years ago. I had a great church that I went too , and sang  at, and with my jobs now I haven't found one that goes along with my schedules. Bur I will get there. 
  • To start exercising everyday
    • even if its taking a walk outside,  I know to also give myself a rest day.
  • To worry less and let God handle it
    • I know that we all have stress in our lives and struggling I want to be able to just let things go and let it all work out. 
  • To not let my struggle define me 
    • As you probably read in the bullet point above, that I'm trying to not let my struggle define me ,yes I have to work two jobs to make a living or at least a little more easier 

Overall I am hoping that 2018 brings more happy times. So cheers to 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment