sometimes you just have to keep strutting down this yellow brick road called life
Monday, November 16, 2015
Walking Down Memory Lane
I know that sometimes going down memory lane can be a good/bad thing, but I see it as a way of looking on how far I've come to the point of where I am right at this moment. Which is sitting here at my computer and blogging.
So many of you probably didn't know this about me or haven't read my blog post from a year ago, but last year I was engaged and was extremely excited to be starting a new life with the person that was my better half. But then a couple of weeks later I was cheated on and it was with my fraternity sister from college. So the engagement was off after that. Well I was thinking about marriage and was like if I would of stayed and went through all the planning I would be a married women right now . I would of been married on October 17th, 2015. How crazy is that how drastic everything changed.
I really don't know what I would be doing right now if I was still living in Illinois I would probably be in the same job and doing nothing with my life , so in a way I am grateful for the experience of quitting my job and moving to Florida. Loosing over 18 pounds and still loosing more. I couldn't be happier with how right now turned out. Yes I do have some stressful situations with my life still, but I've been taking it day by day and doing the best that I can, even living with all the negativity of my family saying that I am not helping my mom get better and honestly I'm there when she needs it , but I don't want to get in her way of treatment, she has to want to do it, I know that it's hard to be going though what she is going through because our family has gone through it before.
I never really like the month of November not all it but at least around the time of my dad's anniversary I know that he is proud of what I am doing with my life as long as it's just to make me happy. You have do to do what makes you happy, others will give their two cents but you have to do what makes you happy. It's been 13 years since my dad has lost his battle with cancer and yes it does get easier over time. I've changed so much that sometimes I don't realize how much I changed .
As for the dating scene, Yes I guess you can say that I am dating , I've been dating a guy from work named Andrew, He works at the location next to me, but not much longer as he has gotten full time somewhere else in Magic Kingdom. So far it's going ok at first I was like I don't really want to date or that I am not ready. Then I thought why am I so scared to do something . Self doubt is a killer sometimes. I also have to say with working over 65 hours a week and one day off to catch up on errands and sleep and just making sure you have everything together plus trying to get a blog out has become a balancing act, and I feel as though adding one more thing to my already full plate will just tip over and then there will be a huge mess of trying to get everything back onto the very full plate.
I know that in the end everything will work out and that It will get easier , as Dory would say "just Keep Swimming."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Perfect words: "You have do to do what makes you happy, others will give their two cents, but you have to do what makes you happy."
ReplyDeleteI tell myself this words all the time when write my thesis. I can't say that I don't like to write, but mostly I like to write poems or poetry, nut not my thesis (: